Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wedding Industry Standard BS

I'm calling BS on a lot of things wedding! I know when most people think of weddings they get warm mushy feelings. I get that feeling at the thought of marrying future hubby :) But the wedding planning itself is kind of a pain in the arse.

I'm a fairly up front person and I feel that "wedding industry standard" is full of hiding stuff from the bride! Examples you ask? Here we go:

-Venue minimums. Many hotels and other venues will have a Saturday minimum that you have to spend if you want to use their venue. In my neck of the woods I've been quoted from $12,000 - $15,000. That's fine with me...I understand that they are running a business. I take issue with me calling you on the phone....we talk for 30 min. about how great your venue is....you send me menu options (leading me to believe that this sums up the costs for the venue)...insist I come take a look at the venue. I leave work early to take a tour and only after further digging do you drop the venue min. Why on earth would you waste both your time and my time by not disclosing that from the jump? You know I'm not a wedding planner! Fill me in. Now I've wasted all this time when I could have been taking a tour of another site!

No comments: